Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Wheel of Fortune dream comes true for Albany native - NEWS10 ABC

wheel.indah.link

ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An Albany native received a one-in-a-million chance to appear on her favorite game show. For Shari Wilson, it was more than just solving the puzzle on “Wheel of Fortune.”

From watching at home for over 30 years to spinning the wheel, Wilson’s dream became a reality. She was selected to be a contestant during Mother’s Day week, airing May 3-7, 2021.

“Six hundred people or so are selected to appear on the actual show. So you talk about that it’s less than one percent chance, it’s amazing,” said Wilson.

She is an international student recruiter, esteemed author, and mom. During the show, not only was luck on her side, but she had a good luck charm looking over her.

“What a great time for me to tribute this to my mom. Who would of ever knew or thought that this all would come to play as it did,” she said.

This past April, just before her 75th birthday, Shari’s mom, Willie B. Quinn, passed away from dementia. Wilson said she will never forget her mom’s love for the game show.

“I don’t recall her really missing an episode. The show was one of her favorites, and it’s a memory I will always keep and cherish,” she said.

Wilson said solving puzzles under pressure in front of a national audience is not as easy as it seems.

“I didn’t make it to the bonus round, but I did walk away with nice cash prizes and a beautiful trip to my dream place Hawaii. I plan on using it for my honeymoon,” she said.

An experience she will hold close to her heart thanks to her mom.

“I know she is here with me in spirit and cheering me on tonight as we watch.”

The Link Lonk


May 06, 2021 at 09:46AM
https://www.news10.com/top-stories/wheel-of-fortunate-dream-comes-true-for-albany-native/

Wheel of Fortune dream comes true for Albany native - NEWS10 ABC

https://news.google.com/search?q=Wheel&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Helen Mirren Ecstatically Took The Wheel In 'F9' - Hollywood Outbreak

wheel.indah.link Vin Diesel as Dom in F9, co-written and directed by Justin Lin. Yes, Helen Mirren feels the need for speed. In real l...

Popular Posts