Rechercher dans ce blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Sweet spot for Wheel & Tire Combo for the Y - Tesla Motors Club

wheel.indah.link
I think I may have just found the sweet spot for wheel/tire combo for the Y. I've been a bad boy with the go-pedal on the Y ever since I got it. I got aftermarket 20x9.5 wheels with Pirelli summer tires put on almost immediately after delivery. Well, that was 9000 miles ago and the tires are now shot. 😁

When I was shopping for new tires, I thought I'd try a slightly wider width which would also yield a slightly higher side wall which would then yield a slightly more compliant ride. So, I decided to go with a set of 265/40/20s instead of the factory spec 255/40/20. Wow, what a difference!! Not only do I have more surface contact on the pavement, I can feel the difference in ride quality. Not to mention the fact that it seems to fill the wheel wells a lot better too! I am stoked!!

Here's the math. The new tires have 10mm wider tread and are only 4mm taller than stock. But that slight increase in size also yields in additional volume where it would be occupied with more air thus definitely helping with the more compliant ride. I am never going back to the factory size again!

The Link Lonk


March 24, 2021 at 07:11AM
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/sweet-spot-for-wheel-tire-combo-for-the-y.223724/

Sweet spot for Wheel & Tire Combo for the Y - Tesla Motors Club

https://news.google.com/search?q=Wheel&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Helen Mirren Ecstatically Took The Wheel In 'F9' - Hollywood Outbreak

wheel.indah.link Vin Diesel as Dom in F9, co-written and directed by Justin Lin. Yes, Helen Mirren feels the need for speed. In real l...

Popular Posts