Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Spinning-wheel oil - Universal Hub

wheel.indah.link

since my impoverished punk-rock late teens and early 20s because it was a deadly-square, old-man style that made it dirt-cheap in thrift shops, I stan this particular anachronism.

Mad Men made my preferred after-work duds look kind of costume-y, so I stopped wearing them for a few years, but I ain't retiring them yet. Their cut and fabric and construction are sturdy in a way that almost no modern apparel is. Those clothes (as well as my 40s and 50s vintage stuff) will outlive me.

Nearly nothing I've bought new in my lifetime will endure that way. I eventually learned the virtuous frugality of buying fewer new things of better quality. That's one lesson I'd time-travel to teach my younger self if I could -- along with advising against certain haircuts, and spending a year dating that Brittany Spears lookalike with undiagnosed bipolar disorder. (Good news: she eventually got the right treatment, is happy and healthy now.)

I started with better shoes from heritage American makers like MA's own Alden, having learned from a girlfriend that certain not-too-shallow-for-me-at-the-time women judged my fuckability based on them, and worked up from there. Still, give me good-and-old vs. good-and-new: spin, baby, spin! I'm a dedicated tech nerd and modernist yet often prefer antiquated-at-first-face things. "Old-timey and made to last" is underrated.

The Link Lonk


January 21, 2021 at 09:12AM
https://www.universalhub.com/questions/2021/spinning-wheel-oil

Spinning-wheel oil - Universal Hub

https://news.google.com/search?q=Wheel&hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Helen Mirren Ecstatically Took The Wheel In 'F9' - Hollywood Outbreak

wheel.indah.link Vin Diesel as Dom in F9, co-written and directed by Justin Lin. Yes, Helen Mirren feels the need for speed. In real l...

Popular Posts